Dinosaurs may be by far the most popular creatures in history, having spawned a huge number of books, movies, TV shows, and video games. Dinosaurs came a long time before us humans, they lived on the planet for over 66 million years (over three times longer than humans so far) before their extinction, so the fossils and modern technology have helped us piece together what dinosaurs may have looked like and even how they might have behaved. Here is a quick and easy overview of the most important highlights of dinosaurs:
1. The word dinosaur really does not mean 'terrible-lizard'. Actually, it was originally defined to mean 'fearfully-great lizard' by Richard Owen in 1842. It became simplified over time, as an adjective, to mean 'terrible'. And it was meant to refer to Dinosaurs impressive size rather than their scary appearance.
2. Tyrannosaurus rex was one of the largest meat-eating dinosaurs that ever lived. But Tyrannosaurus rex was not the biggest meat-eating dinosaur. T-rex was equaled or outclassed by two dinosaurs: the Giganotosaurus, which weighed about nine tons, and the Spinosaurus, which tipped the scales at 10 tons. These three theropods never had the chance to square off in combat, since they lived in different times and places, separated by millions of years and thousands of miles.
3. Like all chasmosaurines, Triceratops had a large skull relative to its body size. And its head may be the one of the largest of any land animal discovered. So part of what makes a triceratops so recognizable is its enormous skull and horns. The skulls of other ceratopsians, such as Centrosaurus and Styracosaurus, were even bigger and more elaborate, most likely as a result of sexual selection, as males with bigger heads were more attractive to females during mating season and passed down this trait to their offspring.
4. Brachiosaurus had a disproportionately long neck, small skull, and large overall size, all of which are typical for sauropods. Atypically, Brachiosaurus had longer forelimbs than hindlimbs, which resulted in a steeply inclined trunk, and a proportionally shorter tail. Compared to its hind limbs, the relatively long length of its front limbs endowed this dinosaur with a distinctly giraffe-like posture. This was clearly a dietary adaptation, as the longer front limbs allowed Brachiosaurus to reach the high branches of trees without unduly straining its neck.
5. Those aren't really Velociraptors in the 'Jurassic Park' movies. Velociraptor had feathers, not scaly, reptilian skin. And in real life, Velociraptor was about the size of a big chicken, considerably smaller than the approximately 2 m (7 ft) tall and 80 kg (180 lb) reptiles seen in the films. And Velociraptors lived in what is now modern-day Mongolia about 70 million years ago, not north America.
6. Spinosaurus was among the largest of all known carnivorous dinosaurs. The skull of Spinosaurus was long and narrow, similar to that of a modern crocodilian. Spinosaurus is known to have eaten fish, and most scientists believe that it hunted both terrestrial and aquatic prey; evidence suggests that it lived both on land and in water as a modern crocodilian does.
Except for visiting museums, how do we get connections with these prehistoric creatures? Our customized dinosaur products, like animatronic dinosaurs, realistic dinosaur costumes, can bring you back to the Jurassic world. We have a lot of solutions, designs and practical cases for you to reproduce the world of dinosaurs, leave us a message and find more!
Shopping around, stumbled onto here and would like a price for 60 meter brachiosaurus
we'll send you detailed information via business email as soon as possible, please note to check.
I am in Canada how much would this be Canadian
we'll send you email ASAP, please note to check.
We have sent its price to your mailbox. You can check it!
we'll send you detailed information via business email as soon as possible
Dinosaurs sounds CDs
Our salesman will contact you as soon as possible.
Looking for prices on this model
Our salesman will inform you all inforamtion via email soon.
Hello I'm interested in a quote on the realistic T-rex costume.
We will send you all the details via email, please kindly note to check!
What are the prices for these costumes
Our salesman will contact you, and the price list will be sent to your mailbox.
Hello We re interested in your catalogue and prices . We want to start a Dino expo in our amussement PARK. Thanks
Our sales will contact you to tell professional specification and price of our product. please kindly note to check your mailbox.
How much are each of the dinosaur costumes?
Quotation Sent, please check your mailbox, Looking forward to hearing from you.